Welcome to the very first episode of the Path of Legends podcast!
Your hosts Vince, Sal and Erik will diving through the various topics on this podcast, focusing on Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition and how this edition can mimic the old school style of gaming, specially Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 1st Edition.
Our motto is, “Where D&D 5e can be just as deadly as AD&D 1e!”
For this episode the crew introduces the various segments on the show and talk about what to expect on the show.
The Adventure path is up first where we speak about “what is the OSR and how we can make 5e as deadly as 1e.”
Monster Hunters, we listen in as our Monster hunter tells us a story about some Gnolls and then the boys analyze the 5e Gnoll comparing its back to its roots in 1E.
In What is old, Now is new! segment, We focus on cursed items and how the Advantage/Disadvantage system can make this mimic old school playing.
Finally we wrap the show up with Presto’s Hat, where we talk about the quick reference worksheet that helps you convert 1e monsters in 5e monsters!
You can contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links on today’s show:
- What is Thaco? <http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/THAC0>
- What is OSR? <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_School_Revival>
- Rifts RPG <http://palladiumbooks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=252&Itemid=180>
- Stan Shinn’s AD&D 1E to D&D 5E Monster Conversion Tool <http://goo.gl/XBLkbl>
- Cobra! <http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/COBRA>
- Jason from Friday the 13th <http://fridaythe13th.wikia.com/wiki/Jason_Voorhees>
- Tenkar’s Tavern <http://www.tenkarstavern.com>
- The Evil DM Blog <http://www.theevildm.com>